LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:05:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Kathleen March) ---

[log in to unmask],InetGW2 writes:
>Our local high school has asked if we know of any software that can
>translate documents from English to Spanish.  The school is now
>mandated to
>provide many of its documents for parents (handbooks, newsletters, etc)
>in
>Spanish as well as in English.  He is hoping for an easy, inexpensive
>way to
>follow this directive.

There is absolutely no reliable software for this and the results you
get are embarrassing as well as often incomprehensible.  You need real
people.
Kathleen March

--
Kathleen March
Professor of Spanish; Director, Critical Languages Program