LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:26:10 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 18:54:17 -0600
>Subject: Help at ACTFL session on ITV
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI message <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,

I'm not sure if any of you might be attending ACTFL and if so if any of you
would be interested in a session on teaching using interactive two-video
technology. I will be doing a session with a colleague and we want to
videotape it. We have managed to secure the equipment with the help of Janel
Brennan and Chris Higgins. What we need is someone willing to run the
equipment.

Below is an abstract for the session is below:

Student Centered Learning: Working Model for the Japanese ITV Classroom
Friday, November 16, 2001: 02:45 PM - 04:00 PM
Room: Renaissance: Four
Sponsored by: NCJLT

Presenters: Fumiko Fukuta, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh; Lauren Rosen,
University of Wisconsin, Madison

Applicable languages: All Levels: High School & Higher Ed
Conducted in: English Examples in: Japanese
Keyword: Methods/Techniques

Engaging techniques for incorporating student centered activities in an
interactive two-way video Japanese language classroom. Communicative
activities and program structure are the keys to our success. Topics
include: sample activities, program structure,  and unexpected outcomes

If you are interested and able to help, please send me email privately.

Lauren Rosen
Collaborative Language Program Coordinator
University of Wisconsin
618 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706