LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:17:35 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Intercom function in Mac Labs
>Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:15:00 -0500

We use Network Assistant to manage our lab of 40 iMacDV special edition
machines networked to an NT Cheetah server.  It all works great except for
one major item.  If a kid is using a sound program to listen or record
(Macromedia Sound Edit or Felt Tip Sound Studio), the teacher can't talk
with her.  Even in other situations, the talk feature is poor -- static,
echoes, fuzzy.

So... does anyone know of a way to work around this, either by tinkering
with Network Assistant or installing other software or hardware?

Thanks,

Henry Wilmer
Director, Language Learning Center
Phillips Academy