LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:05:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Cindy Tracy <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------

>Our Spanish Department uses a CD-ROM program called "VideoLinguist"
>which was produced by a company called Cubic Media in 1993. It
>includes video and audio clips, options to slow or repeat the speech,
>view the script and/or translation, and record student responses.
>
>We are attempting to upgrade our Macs to OS9, but discovered that
>this CD will not run under System 9.

Try re-installing the Quicktime version that comes with it - it is the 16
bit version, but will run with the 32 bit version as well.

>Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar program that will run on
>Mac OS9 and/or Windows 2000?

Have you looked at LINC ? It was produced by the University of Antwerp.  It
offers 10 video clips on various current events.
I can e-mail you details if you are interested.

                 \\\|///
                 (ô ô)
  +---oOO-----(_)-----------------+

  | Cindy Shapiro Tracy