LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:49:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:54:06 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Spanish VideoLinguist

Hello all,

Our Spanish Department uses a CD-ROM program called "VideoLinguist"
which was produced by a company called Cubic Media in 1993. It
includes video and audio clips, options to slow or repeat the speech,
view the script and/or translation, and record student responses.

We are attempting to upgrade our Macs to OS9, but discovered that
this CD will not run under System 9.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar program that will run
on Mac OS9 and/or Windows 2000? I'm looking into Transparent
Language, and have looked through the CALICO review.

Thanks!

Judi
--
Judi Franz, Director
Humanities Instructional Resource Center