LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:01:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Janis Smith <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Janis Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Listserve
>Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:22:45 -0400

Our lab is used primarily for the teaching of university level modern
Hebrew.  I have a few questions for the listserve.....  Because of the
nature of Hebrew being a non-roman language, we have run into many
difficulties.  We have two main needs right now.  First, I need to find an
authoring tool that uses Unicode that will let me create
interactive/multimedia lessons in Hebrew and English, and have student
popular software programs from Adobe and Macromedia do not use Unicode. I
have found CAN-8 and Blueglas so far that uses Unicode.  If anyone has
experience with Blueglas or any other authoring program that uses Unicode ,
please let me know.

Secondly, this is our first year using Blackboard for uploading course
syllabi and reading materials.  It would be wonderful if we could find a
platform that uses Unicode that would enable us to type in Hebrew for
discussions and chats and upload documents in Hebrew.
Any ideas?  Thanks so much for your time,
Janis

Janis Smith
Director, Becker Language Lab/Media Center
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
1299 Church Road
Wyncote, PA  19095
215- 576-0800, ext. 107