LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:51:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:49:46 -0400
>Subject: Re: #6314.3 OS X 10.1 and Chinese/Korean (!)
>Cc: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: David Herren <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Interesting--this clearly does NOT work for me on a clean install of OSX
10.1. Though the keyboard menu clearly displays simplified and traditional
chinese, hangul, and japanese, only the japanese is actually functional
(ie., includes the input method). Did you actually test the pinyin or
hangul input methods? If so, as I suspect, then something else is at work
here. Did you perhaps install 10.1 on top of an existing far east
distribution?

On Friday, October 5, 2001, at 08:14  AM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> I have just recently upgraded to OX 10.1 and no problem with
> inputting in Chinese.
>
>   Go to System Preferences -- from the Dock. Choose Personal --
> International and then the Keyboard Menu. From there you can choose
> Korean, Japanese, traditional and simplified Chinese keyboard options.
>
> Candace

/david

--
david herren