LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:20:58 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ed Dente <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 10:28:04 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Ed Dente <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6305.5 Scola or Dish TV? (!
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Thanks for the info.
This topic is timely for me as well. In all this discussion, I begin to
wonder if the old C/Ku stand alone solution isn't considered efficient or
effective anymore. Has it become outmoded w/ the advent of the Dish TV
system, or is it still a viable solution? I know that encoded
channels/digital reception is an issue, but has it become a
serious cost problem w/ the stand-alone C/Ku dish?
Thanks,
Ed "Manager's Decision" Dente
 ("Inside joke", Boston area.)