LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:16:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:40:48 -0500
>Subject: Re: #6302 Video Conferencing and collaboration (!)-Internet videoconferencing
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI message <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Just a word of warning on the internet videoconferencing...

We have used it on occasion when our compressed video network was
overbooked. When it works it is great, but when it is a heavy traffic
day/time on the net it can cause a tremendous amount of disruption in what
is already difficult as far as class fluidity. The students at the local
site become extremely frustrated when they are being "cheated" out of
valuable class time so you have to weigh the price with the prize.

Lauren
Lauren Rosen
Collaborative Language Program Coordinator
University of Wisconsin
618 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706