LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:16:51 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Margaret Phillips <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:01:55 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Margaret Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6305 Scola or Dish TV?

interested, you might ask a SCOLA representative how it works.  We are part
of such an arrangement on our campus but I don't know the mechanism.
(Unfortunately the antenna got fried during an electrical storm so we don't
have access right now, but that's another story.)

Margaret Phillips

At 08:59 AM 9/28/01 EDT, you wrote:

>--- Forwarded Message from Brown/Mingus <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:51:57 -0400
>>From: Brown/Mingus <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>Subject: Scola or Dish TV?
>
>Dear Colleagues,
> The IT Director at my high school told me that there is not adequate
funds to bring  Scola to our brand-new language lab.  She has talked to the
local Dish TV representative and believes that, using some of the specialty
packages,  we can receive the same quality programming for less money.

>I have my own opinions but little first-hand experience.  Can someone give
me some guidance before what money we do have wanders over to some other
department.

>Many thanks,
>Barrett Brown
>Maggie Walker Governor's School
>Richmond, VA
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\jmibb1.vcf"

Margaret B. Phillips
Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures
Clark Hall 535
University of Missouri at St. Louis
8001 Natural Bridge Road
St. Louis, MO 63121