LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:23:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
>To: llti <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: is there a MOPI?
>Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:13:28 +0000

I'm pretty sure I heard a reference to a Modified Oral
>Proficiency Interview, or MOPI. Now my normally trustworthy google
>can't find it. We're looking at some alternatives, like COPI
>(computerized) and SOPI (simulated), but so far MOPI seems to exist
>only in my imagination. Help?

Ursula,
Good to see you back!  Yes, there is MOPI.  It is that examinees watch
video for prompt and record the response or answer to the audio tape (if
I recall correctly from a couple of ACTFL back).  When I saw the
presentation of Japanese version, it was done by a professor from San
Diego State U, if I recall correctly.

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider

--