LLTI Archives

October 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:23:20 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Margo Burns <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
On 10/3/01, Duncan Charters <[log in to unmask] wrote:
>13 years ago we had a very nice Orbitron 12' C/Ku moveable mesh dish
>installed, and with one major and a couple of minor service needs,
>it works just fine.  However, the encoded channels/digital reception
>is the issue. I don't know of any "free" language programming any
>more (please tell us if
>you do).

Deutsche Welle comes in on a C-band dish from the PAS-5, NSS-K, and
GE-1 satellites in North America, and doesn't have a subscription
fee. The programming come in German, Spanish, and English. See:
http://www.dwelle.de

Cheers,
Margo