LLTI Archives

September 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:17:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Louise Stoehr <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:32:21 -0500
>From: Louise Stoehr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6296 Lab User Orientations
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

After several semesters of conducting individual orientation sessions, I
have migrated all of the orientation materials and information to the
Internet.

http://leonardo.sfasu.edu/LRC_Orientation

This past fall semester we piloted the new materials and found the whole
experience to be much more effective. Each student receives an instruction
sheet complete with graphics, to guide them through the login and browser
launching process.

In the spring we will no longer required students to sign up in advance for
a time slot for Orientation. Instead, during the first 1/2 week of classes
(we always tend to begin on a Wednesday) Ss will be able to drop in, do the
orientation and then work on language activities if they wish. To assure
that most Ss pay at least some attention to the orientation materials, we
have for several semesters required Ss to take a T/F quiz upon completion
of the orientation session.

All you need to acquire your own pics is some sort of digital camera and a
basic photo editor; or else a a roll of film and a scanner. Once the
presentation is complete, it's easy to maintain and keep current.

Hope this helps,
Louise

***
Louise Stoehr, Ph.D.
Director, Instructional Technology Resource Center, College of Liberal Arts
Modern Languages Learning and Resource Center
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 13942 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas  75962

Tel:  936.468.2167