LLTI Archives

September 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 08:59:33 EDT

--- Forwarded Message from Brown/Mingus <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:51:57 -0400
>From: Brown/Mingus <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Scola or Dish TV?

Dear Colleagues,
 The IT Director at my high school told me that there is not adequate funds to bring  Scola to our brand-new language lab.  She has talked to the local Dish TV representative and believes that, using some of the specialty packages,  we can receive the same quality programming for less money.

I have my own opinions but little first-hand experience.  Can someone give me some guidance before what money we do have wanders over to some other department.

Many thanks,
Barrett Brown
Maggie Walker Governor's School
Richmond, VA