LLTI Archives

September 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:11:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6269.2 text and audio chat (!)
>Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:59:52 -0700
>Disposition-Notification-To: "Peggy Marcy" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Since no one else seems to have mentioned it.  I will mention a couple of
solutions that cost money.  One is Library Pilot from Tandberg/Teleste.  It
is actually a database for multimedia materials, but it also has a (written)
chat function attached to it.  I understand that there has just been
released an online version of Lib Pil.  I don't know if it also has the chat
function or not.  But the best part about the chat is that you can save the
whole thing as a text file and/or print it out.

Another option for an audio discussion board and text is Wimba at wimba.com
I've been impressed with it.

Thank you very much,
Peggy Marcy, Supervisor, LLC