LLTI Archives

August 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:24:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jean-Jacques d'Aquin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from "Carine Ullom" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:25:20 -0400
> >From: "Carine Ullom" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: LLTI <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Swahili resources

> We're looking for a good Swahili textbook and ancillary course
> materials.  We currently use Swahili, A founation for speaking, reading,
> and writing.  However, the audio tapes are old and can't be replaced and
> the instructor would like to find a new book.  Do any of you know of a
> contemporary text, preferably with some technology associated with it?

* I strongly recommend that you contact Dr. Ron Robel of the University of
Alabama at Tuscaloosa <[log in to unmask]>.  He is Director of one
of the largest NASILP programs in the nation.  One of the 24+ languages
that is offered in his Critical Languages Program is ki-Swahili and he
probably can furnish you with all kind of information.
Cheers!

Jean-Jacques d'Aquin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of French and Spanish,
NASILP Coordinator
University of South Alabama, HUMB-322, Mobile, AL 36688
VOX 251-460-6291 FAX 251-460-7130