LLTI Archives

August 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:28:45 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Piper, Kelley V." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Piper, Kelley V." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Position Vacancy: Catholic Univ. Lab Director
>Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:33:08 -0400

I will be leaving CUA toward the end of the month (after 4 great years)
and so the position as Director of the Multimedia Language Center will
be available.  This is a wonderful position for someone interested in
starting out in the field. It is quite an intensive position, but with
alot of freedom to it.  I will be available on weekends or evenings to
help train the new director, so he or she will not be totally without
some help.  Also for more information on the department you can check
out our website at http://arts-sciences.cua.edu/ml or head to CUA's
website to find out more about the university (http://www.cua.edu).

Here is the job description and information on how to apply.  Obviously
as my departure is rather bad timing (classes start the Monday after I
leave) things will be a bit rushed for hiring.  I believe they are
aiming for interviews toward the beginning of September with a start
date by October 1 if possible.

Announcement of Position Vacancy
Immediate Opening

Title: Director, Modern Language Media Center
Category: Twelve-month, full-time professional staff position

Qualifications:
*       M.A. in a Foreign Language, Linguistics, FL Education or
Instructional Technology preferred
*       Teaching experience in French, German, Italian or Spanish
preferred
*       Familiarity with foreign language pedagogy and related
technologies
*       Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems and
applications for networked and stand-alone computers
*       HTML knowledge
*       Strong interpersonal, managerial and organizational skills

Responsibilities:
*       Manage, troubleshoot and maintain media center and electronic
classrooms
*       Assist language coordinator and other faculty with selection,
use, and integration of technology in language classes
*       Develop and conduct workshops for faculty and teaching
assistants on use of networked electronic classroom with digital audio
server and other innovative technologies to support language learning
*       Train and supervise student staff
*       Research and pursue funding sources
*       Maintain and develop departmental website
*       Serve as liaison with university-wide computer and media
personnel
*       Oversee maintenance of departmental equipment

Salary: $30,000-37,000

To apply: Submit letter of application with resume and three references
with phone numbers by August 24, 2001 to Dr. Mario Rojas, Chair,
Department of Modern Languages, Catholic University of America,
Washington, D.C. 20064 (FAX 202-319-6077).
The Catholic University of America is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity institution and welcomes applications from women,
minorities, Vietnam Era veterans, and handicapped persons.
CUA is a Drug-Free, Alcohol-Free, and Smoke-Free Institution.