LLTI Archives

August 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:28:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:53:23 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MWALL/Fall 2001 Conference CALL FOR PAPERS

MWALL/Fall 2001 @ Luther College

A special MWALL fall pilgrimage to the picturesque bluffs of northeast Iowa...

"Solving the Foreign Language Learning Equation with T3:
Teachers + Technology + Technical Support"
Friday and Saturday, OCTOBER 19-20
Luther College, Decorah, Iowa

Call for papers: Please submit proposals by Saturday, September 1

Although the conference will have a special focus on how technology and
vital technical support can assist classroom professionals to enhance the
teaching and learning of languages, we seek participation by and proposals
from all MWALL/IALL professionals dealing with the many aspects of language
and technology.

To that end, this is a call for proposals that deal with existing and
emerging technologies that FL teachers may utilize to enhance student
language learning, together with an emphasis on the vital role, both
technical and interpersonal, played by the technical staff responsible for
facilitating the delivery and implementation of these technologies. What
are the technological possibilities?
The realities? How might MWALL professionals enhance outreach to our FL
classroom colleagues to help realize the potential and synergy of T3 ?
Proposals may be for presentations, demonstrations, and workshops.

A special "after hours" highlight of the MWALL/Fall 2001 T3 Conference will
be several social and cultural events that we expect will make this a most
memorable event in a very picturesque environment. More about later!
Website coming!

REMINDER: Proposals by Saturday, September 1.  Please indicate:
-proposed title
-whether it is a presentation, demonstration, or workshop
-time needed: 50, 75 or 90 mins (the latter for workshops)
-equipment needs, both hardware and software

For all questions and other conference related requests:
e-mail:         [log in to unmask]                     phone:  563 387-2160

snail mail:     Language Learning Center
Luther College
700 College Drive
Decorah, IA 52101

Velkommen to Decorah and Luther College!

--Dennis Magnuson and Marcia McKelvey

Dennis D. Magnuson
Assoc. Prof. of Spanish &
Director, Lang. Lrng. Center