LLTI Archives

August 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:19:10 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Rita Goldberg" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Rita Goldberg" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"                         <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re:      #6244 ETS and digital audio
>Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:50:58 +0200

------------------
ETS has been accepting digital recordings for the speaking section of the AP
language examinations for several years now.   Last year, I believe the
files were collected on hard drives for evaluation at the Reading.  This
year I think they were they were compiled on CDs.  I don't know the status
of digital audio for the other examinations you mention, but the concept is
certainly not new to ETS.  On the other hand, they may not be *providing*
material in digital format, only *accepting*  recordings made by students.

Rita Goldberg,
St. Lawrence University
Chief Faculty Consultant, AP Spanish