LLTI Archives

August 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:19:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jan Enright <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Jan Enright <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6255 umlauts,etc
>Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:24:47 -0600

------------------
As most of my faculty use Word Perfect I have developed a lovely tipsheet
for customizing the keyboard for their specific language diacritics that I
would be happy to share upon request. It is also easy to set up customized
keyboard commands in Word. Just go to TOOLS, CUSTOMIZE, and at the bottom of
that window you will see KEYBOARD. Using a list of the ASCII characters you
can assign your own keystroke for any ASCII character. Once these commands
are set it is possible to save that little Windows file so that it can be
reinstalled if the computer system needs to be rebuilt for any reason. Our
help desk asks now if a user has any special keyboard commands they want to
save. Saves up all time.

Jan Enright
Lab Services Coordinator
Information Technology Services