LLTI Archives

July 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:48:03 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ben-Nahum David <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Ben-Nahum David <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "llti (E-mail)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Second Language Pronunciation
>Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:13:08 +0200

Dear Friends,
     The department for teaching Hebrew to speakers of other languages at
the School for Overseas Students here would like to start working on
pronunciation, which they have not done until now. I could not offer them
much help, since the stress in FL teaching at the Hebrew University is on
reading comprehension and we do very little work in the area of
pronunciation. They feel that the experience gained in other places could be
of help, not necessarily with regard to Hebrew, but more in terms of methods
of helping people who come to another country learn to speak its language
with correct enough pronunciation so they can be comfortably understood.
Many thanks in advance for your input.
David Ben-Nahum
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem