LLTI Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:19:09 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:52:13 -0500
>Subject: Copyright and Foreign Countries
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI message <[log in to unmask]>

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that web materials
such as photographs that are located on a US government server are in the
public domain and can be downloaded and used freely by students and
educators in their classes and projects.

Assuming that is correct, what would the laws be about using similar
materials from government pages in other countries besides the US?

Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated by my students.

Lauren
Lauren Rosen
Business Manager
International Association for Language Learning Technology
618 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706

608-262-4066 (voice)