LLTI Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:19:02 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Cesar <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:26:26 -0400
>From: Cesar <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: VCR output to iMac?
>Originator-Info: login-token=Mulberry:01xJlxKif+5IsIGsChDxnomRf26FZKBP7y/N6fxAnksw==; [log in to unmask]

------------------

Good morning.

Is anyone by any chance sending VCR video and audio output into an iMac and
if so, how?  There seems to be no space for a tuner card (or audio-video
card, if you prefer) inside the iMac.  Is anyone using an RCA to USB
converter to manage this?  If so, how satisfied are you with the
picture/sound quality?  Or is anyone doing something different?

Thank you for any suggestions.  Mind you, I am curious in doing this only
with an iMac.

Cesar Valencia
Carnegie Mellon University