LLTI Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:15:53 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Patty Lamb <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:52:19 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Patty Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My New Career

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
        You haven't heard from me in quite a while. I served on the IALL
board of directors as the secretary/parliamentarian from 1997 to 1999. For
the past 2 years I have been working full time in my job as manager of the
University of California, Santa Barbara language and learning labs and have
also been attending graduate school working on the California teaching
credential. I finished my coursework in May and on Monday of this week was
offered a teaching contract at a public Montessori K-5 elementary school in
Lompoc, California. Have you ever been extremely happy, excited, scared and
sad all at the same time? It's a little overwhelming up here on cloud 9.
All 20 of my students will be native Spanish speakers with little or no
English language skills. So, as you can see, I will still be involved in
language learning in a very big way. My last day here at UCSB will be
August 7th. I have been employed by UCSB since 1975, literally half of my
life! Anyone who remembers me and would like to give me words of wisdom
would be welcome to respond to [log in to unmask] until the 7th. After that
date I can be reached at my home email address which is [log in to unmask]
Sincerely,
Patty Lamb

Patricia (Patty) Lamb
Labs Manager, Instructional Resources