LLTI Archives

June 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:09:54 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Carroll Hightower <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:01:21 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Carroll Hightower <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: job opening

------------------

Greetings, all. We are seeking applicants for the position of Network
Administrator of our new Language Resource Center at the University of
Mississippi.  The text of our announcement is below.  If anyone has any
questions about the position, please feel free to contact me directly
(contact info follows job advertisement).

Many thanks,

Carroll

=======

POSITION: Network Administrator (Temporary II: 4.5-12 months)
DEPARTMENT:  Language Resource Center
POSITION NUMBER: 10046772-052301
APPLICATION DEADLINE:  Until filled or until an adequate applicant pool is
reached.

The Network Administrator will assist the Director in supervising the
day-to-day operations of the LRC. These include: basic configuration and
troubleshooting of computer systems; setup and maintenance of
network servers; training of faculty and students in the use of network
applications; supervision and training of student workers; writing of
documentation pertaining to network applications as well as
applications running on lab workstations.

The successful candidate will hold a BA in an appropriate field, have
knowledge of computer programming and networking, and demonstrate
proficiency in one or more modern languages. The candidate will
also possess at least one year of experience in: computer lab operations;
troubleshooting and maintenance of microcomputer workstations; setup and
maintenance of Unix servers; network maintenance.

Salary competitive. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Position to remain open until filled or until adequate applicant pool is
reached.

Submit cover letter, resume, and names of three references to:

University Employment Office
The University of Mississippi
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677

The University of Mississippi is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section
504/ADA/ADEA employer.

========
Carroll Hightower
Director, Language Resource Center