LLTI Archives

June 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:16:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Gary Dauphin <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:00:59 -0500
>From: Gary Dauphin <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6171 firewire necessary for DV camera?

Firewire is the only correct way to get digital video in and out of the
computer and camera.  There are technically other ways, but they are so
unfeasible, I would even begin to explain how to do it.

You can buy a Firewire card for a PCI Mac or a Windows PC at a
reasonable price.  The catch is the quality of the software you get for
editing the video.

Gary Dauphin
Apple

MacFL: http://homepage.mac.com/mac_languages