LLTI Archives

June 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:30:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Gary Dauphin <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:19:36 -0500
>From: Gary Dauphin <[log in to unmask]>
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>,        [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #6163 Portuguese 1st yr. CD for Mac (TBob)

------------------

Portuguese:

The Rosetta Stone: http://www.trstone.com/. One of the most established
language software packages available. Languages include: English (U.S.),
English (U.K.), Dutch,
German, Danish, French, Italian, Latin, Portuguese, Spanish, Slavic,
Polish, Russian, Celtic, Welsh, Indo-Iranian, Hindi, Semitic Arabic
Hebrew, Chinese (Mandarin), Thai,
Independent East Asian, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Malayo-Polynesian,
Indonesian, Niger-Congo, Swahili.

WORLD TALK - Level 2 for intermediate learners. Topics covered include:
the calendar, sentence building, asking directions, the weather and
numbers. The interactive TV Quiz
is a definite hit, where our resident champion may turn out to be more
intelligent than he looks! You can also compete in a one-to-one match
with a friend! Arabic, Cantonese,
Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Irish,
Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian,
Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, US
English, Welsh. http://www.eurotalkinteractive.com

Exceller Software - Webster's Spanish - English Dictionary for
Macintosh, French - English Dictionary for Macintosh, German - English
Dictionary for Macintosh, Italian -
English Dictionary for Macintosh, Portuguese - English Dictionary for
Macintosh. http://www.exceller.com/

Word Translator for Mac - Word Translator is a language dictionary and
translation tool. It provides quick dictionary lookup from most
applications and a simple text
translation assistance. The purpose of this guide is to give a quick
overview of the features and how to use the application. Available in
Spanish, French, German, Danish,
Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Portuguese, Croatian, Polish,
Dutch, Italian, Tagalog. www.tranexp.com/mac.

Talk Now! Learn beginning vocabulary, food, colors, countries, body,
numbers, time, phrases, shopping. As you learn, you can practice your
pronunciation by listening to
native speakers. You can even challenge yourself by choosing either the
easy game or the hard game! Your progress and your points are saved.
Available to learn: Afrikaans,
American English, Arabic, British English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish,
French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian,
Japanese, Latin, Mandarin Chinese,
Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish Castillian, Swedish,
Thai, Turkish, Zulu. One disc per each language above. http://www.languagepub.com/store/store.html

PortugueseNow! v8 - $49.95 Brazilian Portuguese was never easier! Learn
through fun and interesting conversations, articles and more! There are
over 14,000 words in the 4
Portuguese Titles included in this CD-ROM and a wide range of activities
and games for all ability levels. Invigorate your mind with the culture
surrounding the samba...
http://www.transparentstore.com

A+ Portuguese - $29.95 Perfect for students and other beginning language
learners who want a secret weapon to improve grades in high school or
college Portuguese classes.
Online quizzes & language tutor make learning fun and interactive.http://www.transparentstore.com