LLTI Archives

June 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:30:31 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "sonia brandon" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "sonia brandon" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Discovering French and CD ROMs
>Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:38:28

------------------
I would love to hear from any of you who use the Discovering French CD
ROM's.  We are very happy with the Discovering French program, so I have
been thinking about ordering the CD ROMS's that support the series, but they
just don't seem to be as good as the rest of the program.

If you use them, are you happy with them?  Are they not rather out-dated?
Do the students benefit from using them?  How do you incorporate them into
your curriculum?

If you don't use them, but you use the Discovering French program, do you
use another CD ROM series?  If so, what do you use and how do you
incorporate it into your curriculum?  Don't you find it hard to cross
reference the CD ROM's with the vocabulary, grammar, and subject matter with
what you are teaching at the time?

Any feed back would be much appreciated!

Sonia Brandon,
Instructor of French and Spanish
Fork Union Military Academy