LLTI Archives

June 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:02:57 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Peter <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 19:43:42 -0400
>From: Peter <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Survey on the state of distance learning and teaching of modern  languages

Please excuse cross-postings. Feel free to forward this message to
anyone who is more directly involved in distance learning and teaching
of modern languages.

During the last five years an increasing number of educational
institutions have offered distance learning courses in modern languages.
The use of new technology has been a major contribution to this new
development. Instead of using technology as an enhancement of classroom
based languge education, the distance language education (DLE) courses
seem to embrace a more revolutionary approach to language education.

In order to obtain a better understanding of the state of this new
development and its implications for the existing language education,
two separate survey on the state of distance learning and teaching of
modern languages will be conducted.

The findings of the surveys will be summarized and analyzed in form of
an article or report, and will be published online.

If you are involved in distance learning (student) and teaching
(teacher) of modern languages and would be willing to fill out the
survey, which will only take less than five minutes, please select the
link below that best fits your description in DLE.

If you are a faculty member, please check this link:
http://dmll.cwru.edu/surveys/DL_FacultySurvey.html

If you are a student, please check this link:
http://dmll.cwru.edu/surveys/DL_StudentSurvey.html

If you have any questions or if you encounter any difficulty when you
fill out the survey, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you very much for your great help.

Dr. Peter Yang
Case Western Reserve University
Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
307 Guilford House
Cleveland, OH 44120
Email:[log in to unmask]
Telephone: 216-368-2234