LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 16:52:20 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:27:17 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Afterglow...IALL 2001

------------------
I just wanted to post a note of thanks and congratulations to everyone who had a part in our recent and highly successful IALL 2001 conference at Rice University.

* To Claire Bartlett and her staff for all their hard work and attention to detail.  They deserve a two month vacation!
* To Bruce Parkhurst and the program committee.
* To all the many presenters (no conference without you!)
* To everyone who attended.  Many first timers, and MANY from far away places (Malaysia, Egypt, Japan, UK, Israel, Mexico, and even Fargo <g>)
* and to the great band at the closing party!

In case you missed these major announcements...

* IALL is now IALLT.  Same name, just matching the abbreviation.
* New Board: David Pankratz (President), Peter Liddell (President-Elect), Harold Hendricks (Programs Director), Lynne Crandall (Secretary), and Lauren Rosen (Treasurer).
* IALLT 2003 will be in Ann Arbor, Michigan (hosted by Monika Dressler and her staff at the University of Michigan), June 17-21, 2003.  Mark you calendars NOW and don't let anything prevent you from joining us.

For the future...

* A great new Learning Center Design Kit has been published and is now available.
* Online credit card transactions are now (or very soon) active on our website
* Look for a new-look web site.
* The results of the survey will begin to appear also on the website.

Finally...
Pay your dues!  Membership benefits will be tied in more closely with paid memberships in the future.

Again thanks to all who made IALL 2001 such a success!

Read Gilgen
Past President of IALLT (and fading fast!)