LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 16:57:51 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Cavenagh <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:36:40 -0400
>From: Bob Cavenagh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Tandberg IS-9 available

------------------
With mixed feelings of elation and slight regret we pulled the plug on
our old Tandberg IS-9 Language Lab today.  Jean Weaver called the shot,
Tom Smith gave the technical instructions and our students had the whole
thing dismantled in 3 hours.

The entire lab is available to anyone who wants to pick it up for parts
to maintain another lab.  20 student positions, nice furniture, decent
console.  The whole unit is in good shape for its age but has been having
increasingly frequent problems. (Just your typical 17 year-old.)  It is
in clean and neat shape, no graffiti, etc.  Headphones included, but no
chairs.  We had to cut the ribbon cables to get them free.

The decks are the 1/4 track version.  The console has pairing and testing
features.  We have some manuals.

We are located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, in the south-central part of
the state just west of Harrisburg.

The whole kit and caboodle will probably fit into a largish van if most
of the seats are out.  The console is the biggest single item.

We will hold the lab here for a day or two in case someone wants it and
contacts me.  After that, off to temp storage, then to a recycler.

Just one request:  if you want it, take it all.  All we ask is a letter
of acknowledgment.

Bob Cavenagh
Dickinson College
Carlisle, PA, USA