LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 13:35:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:20:03 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6154 converting U-Matic tapes
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

Hi Carine,

There are lots of buttons on the AG-W1. I can do a couple of things
for you - we still have our manual and I'd be more than happy to
photocopy it and send you the copy (now that I say that I just looked
in my files and can't find it but I know it's here somewhere!). In
the mean time, here's what each set of buttons does and my
suggestions for solving your problem:

On the back of the unit: toggle switches in two columns. The top left
is "auto" and the others designate PAL/SECAM and flavors thereof.
These are how the unit determines the standard of the tape it is
playing. If set to "auto", it automatically detects the system. I
only use the other settings when verifying a conversion I've made
into a standard other than NTSC.

On the front of the unit: two sets - the buttons on the "flap" which
tell the unit in which standard to send out its signal (to a
monitor/tv and onto the tape if in record mode); the toggle switches
on the main panel, near the audio signal display are for use when
feeding a signal from an outside source (such as your U-Matic player)
into the Ag-W1. Set this to "PAL" if feeding in a PAL signal, and set
the button on the "flap" to "NTSC" to create an NTSC copy.

Hope that makes sense - I'm happy to clarify if this isn't clear.

Thanks again for moderating our session at IALL!

Judi

--
Judi Franz, Director
Humanities Instructional Resource Center