LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:10:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Margo Burns <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:41:02 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Margo Burns <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vsoft's VideoClick

------------------
Last week we had a demo here of VideoClick, an on-demand and live
digital broadband video distribution system from a company called
Vsoft (http://www.vsoft.com), which can stream video to computers
(through their proprietary software, PC only so far...) or via a
table-top unit connected to a television.  It seemed fairly
impressive, but I'd have to compare it to other systems, and sell it
to the powers holding the pursestrings.  Has anyone else had any
experience with this product in an academic setting?

--Margo
--

Margo Burns       603-229-4666     [log in to unmask]      http://www.sps.edu
      Director of The Language Center, St. Paul's School, Concord, NH