LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 15:24:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Álvaro_González <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Álvaro_González <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6117.3 Course Management Software (!)
>Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 19:01:12 -0400

------------------
Karl,
I have used each Blackboard and WebCT for one semester and have been
favorably impressed with WebCT, especially for use with upper-level classes.
The discussion boards were a real boon for my Span. Literature class.  Over
the summer I am planning to implement WebCT pages for first-year language
classes especially to serve digitized audio materials.  It is a minor
quibble, but I would like it better if I were to be able to have all buttons
available in the respective languages.  What I do not know is if this is
possible but not supported by my university's purchase, or if it is simply
not an available feature.
I can, however, give some advice about heading off some management problems
that we had with Blackboard, should that be your choice.

Álvaro González