LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 10:30:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Warren Stokes<[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:28:00 -0700
>Subject: Educational Technologist Position
>To: Warren Stokes<[log in to unmask]>
>From: Warren Stokes<[log in to unmask]>

Job Posting 2001.33e
Educational Technologist
Modern Languages Institute
Faculty of Arts & Applied Arts
The University College of the Fraser Valley has provided innovative and comprehensive educational programs for over 25 years. As an undergraduate degree granting institution enrolling over 6000 students, UCFV's emphasis is on teaching excellence, while promoting scholarship as an integral part of instruction.

Duties:
Administering the CAN8 audio system including server upgrades, maintenance and backups, overseeing content development and maintenance and management of all user accounts.
Recruiting, scheduling, managing and disciplining all lab monitors including management of monitor budget.
Maintaining the Modern Languages Institute web site and all related instructional sites as well as any other Internet/intranet resources.
Scheduling and providing lab orientations, tutorials worksheets and handouts for all Modern Languages students on the use of instructional technology relating to their language courses.
Other related duties.

Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a college diploma in Micro-Computer Technology and five years experience in a computer technical support field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal training in a second language (post-secondary level) is desirable.

Position Information: Staff, 50% full time, permanent.
Contract Terms: Start date: September 1, 2001
Salary: $22.86 to $26.64 per hour (Staff pay group 8)

UCFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We invite applications including evidence of appropriate qualifications by May 18, 2001. All correspondence should refer to posting number (2001.33e) and be directed to: Employee Relations
University College of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada. V2S 7M8
Tel: [604] 854-4554 Fax: [604] 854-1538 Website: www.ucfv.bc.ca
In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UCFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UCFV for employment.

2001.33e_Educational_Technologist,_Modern_Languages_Institute.wpdApril 24, 2001