LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 08:36:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Daniel E. Meyers" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:43:33 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Daniel E. Meyers" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6114 German textbook search

------------------

OK, Shameless plug for Miami University...

We've been using the most recent edition of Deutsch, Na Klar!
(McGraw-Hill) and it works very well on a 3 day schedule with 1 day
integrated lab assignments. Of course its a college text, so if
you're looking for high school texts, it might go fast.

We also use the Fokus Deutsch series (Annenberg) for our accelerated
courses. This goes almost too fast for kids to keep up with at times,
but overall it is a good intense review and practice. The lab time
for this book could be used in reviewing the videos that come with
the book, since they are essential to the course.

Now why do we use these books??? Maybe it has to do with the author
of the series being tenured at Miami. But that's a different topic.
They are honestly really good books and a really good fit for classes
at Miami.

Daniel E. Meyers - Director of the Interactive Language Resource Center
47 Irvin Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056-1848
Office: (513) 529-2510  -  Lab: (513) 529-4505  -  Fax: (513) 529-1807
WWW: http://www.cas.muohio.edu/~ilrc/