LLTI Archives

May 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 13:53:40 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Edward Dixon <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 09:10:32 +0800
>From: Edward Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job Change

------------------
Dear Friends

I just wanted to let you know that I changed jobs. I start May 15 at Drexel University in Philadelphia as
the Senior Lecturer in German and Coordinator of the Language Program. Besides allowing me to be close to
family and friends, the new job allows me to utilize my academic background and focus on language
teaching. Its been a juggling act balancing my personal life with my professional goals and I think this
is going to do the trick. I am leaving Georgetown very upbeat and will miss the place enormously. The
decision to leave was not easy, especially after getting a promotion and substantial pay increase last
year. My title at Georgetown was the Academic Technology Coordinator for Languages and Linguistics. There
will probably be a job announcement coming shortly and I just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Ed Dixon