LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:28:33 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:45:43 -0400
>From: Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6062.7 On copyright issues and Web access of audio materialsaccompanying textbooks (!)

------------------
Just adding to the *YES, WE NEED THIS!* We, too, are making a major move
to provide access to digital files for all the materials publishers will
allow us to digitize. Some are problematic. For example, we use Parliamo
Italiano and there is no audio-CD for this title. I know it is often
necessary to further break down sections to facilitate working with
exercises, etc. But this is an entire 30-min.file (x 12 chapters or
units!) that I will have to edit. Very labor intensive! I'm looking
forward to seeing how we can collaborate on this. Thank you!

Beth Secrist, Director
Language Resource Center
Dept. of Modern Foreign Langs. & Lits.
University of Tennessee