LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:13:39 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Peter Yang <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:48:22 -0400
>From: Peter Yang <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6080.4 Flat Panel Monitors (!)

If you replace the regular monitors on your existing computers with flat panels, they are  probably too
expensive more many institutions.

However, if you decide to get new computers for your lab, it might be a good idea to bundle flat panels in
your purchase decision. At the current economic situation, some computer companies are willing to give you
sharp educational discounts. n our case, the average discounted price on a lab of computers with flat panels
was no more than the price one had to pay if only one computer of the same model with a regular monitor was
purchased. You can use your purchasing power.

Peter