LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:13:38 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6078.5 CSL and Visipitch
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:57:54 +0100

Visipitch is a Rolls-Royce used much in speech therapy, some of the best
work using CSL products in language learning involves names such as Martha
Pennington and Garry Molholt.

There is a learning curve which requires motivation and time but if you have
the tool at your disposal, use it.  You will get particular good results for
intonation teaching.

If you want to teach all aspects of pronunciation (segmental and
non-segmental), then the full CSL 4300 is a better bet or the inexpensive
software solution called Multispeech.

I can put you in touch with Garry if you want a more informed opinion, he is
a member of the InSTIL SIG (see http://dbs.tay.ac.uk/instil/)

He will also present at InSTIL 2001 in Nijmegen this year.

Could I also use this opportunity to say that any IALL member is now allowed
to join InSTIL free of charge.  If you wish to, please contact me.

Philippe