LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:05:17 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Marianne Crusius" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Marianne Crusius" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6062 On copyright issues and Web access of audio materials        accompanying textbooks
>Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:26:20 -0700

------------------
Rachel,

we have been doing this for 2-3 years now (95% of our audio materials are
online) and I have encountered few problems in obtaining rights from the
publishers. I believe the most important restriction is that these files can
only be accessed in the Princeton domain. Publishers also often stipulate
that files have to be removed when the textbook is no longer used at the
University.

Marianne

Marianne C. Crusius
Manager, Language Resource Center