LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:00:21 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Monika Dressler <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:38:46 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Monika Dressler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6000.1 European DVD's (!)

------------------
Hi all!
We bought several Sony DVP-S725 multiregion DVD players last summer and have been very happy with them.
We ordered them directly from the UK from Upgrade Heaven:
http://www.upgradeheaven.co.uk/shop.htm

They were quite responsive.
We could order online.
They didn't charge us for the VAT.
Shipping wasn't that much more than within the US.

I just checked the website and they have a whole variety of Multi-Region Players :
1: Pioneer DV340 £179
2: Pioneer DV636D£349
3: Pioneer DV535 £199
4: Toshiba SD200e £329
5: Sony DVPS336£249
6: Pioneer NSDV55 £579
7: Panasonic SCHT80£529
8: Pioneer DV737 £549
9: Panasonic RV20£229
10: Panasonic RV60 £379

Cheers!
Monika

Monika R. Dressler, Ph.D.
Director of the Language Resource Center
University of Michigan
2018 Modern Languages Building
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1275
http://www.umich.edu/~langres/
Tel: (734) 764-0424
Fax: (734) 764-3521

Have *YOU* completed the IALL 2001 Survey??
It can be found at:  http://web.lrc.lsa.umich.edu/iall
Please complete the survey before April 30th, 2001!!!