LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:20:30 EDT

--- Forwarded Message from "James, Kathleen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "James, Kathleen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FW: ILR:  Invitation to attend Language & Cuture "Showcase" at FS I
>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:30:37 -0400

Please post this message to IALL colleagues in case the word has not reached them by now. Anybody in the Washington D.C. area and beyond is welcome to join us. I believe that you will find it interesting and useful.   You are invited to attend a special event at the Foreign Service Institute: "Language and Culture: Showcasing the FSI School of Language Studies" on Friday, April 20, 2001, 9AM to 4PM  The day will feature: § a plenary talk by Gary Weaver (9:00), author of "Culture, Communication, and Conflict" § presentations by SLS faculty and staff about curriculum and teaching techniques § sample language lessons in Urdu, Polish, Swahili and others § demonstrations of multimedia language materials developed by FSI staff § displays of language and cultural information representing over a dozen languages For further information, please contact Mireille Swinnen or Martine Boon von Ochssee at (703) 302-7279 or [log in to unmask] Foreign Service Institute National Foreign Affairs Training Center 4000 Arlington Boulevard Arlington, VA 22204