LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:35:35 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
Kara Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If you know of/ used any other programs specifically for subtitling with
> PCs or Macs, I would like to hear and find out more about them. I
> realize that there are programs like Adobe Premiere that would work but
> I believe they would require alot of time to learn.

With the QuickTime (Pro) Player you can very easily add subtitles to
video tracks. They add very little to the file size, are vector graphics
so resize well, and are fully searchable.

A simple tutorial can be found at

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/tutorials/texttracks.html

-John
John de Szendeffy       <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph 617.353.7957  fx 617.353.6195
Lab:            http://www.bu.edu/celop/mll
WebFeat:        http://www.bu.edu/johndesz/