LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:54:16 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:10:10 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: IALL Survey

------------------
Most of you probably have received an invitation to participate in the IALL Survey.  May I encourage you to take time NOW to fill out the survey at http://web.lrc.lsa.umich.edu/iall/?

Here's why:
1.  IALL only conducts a major survey of the profession approximately every ten years.  This is the year!
2.  The information gathered helps you (and us) understand who we are and what we are doing.
3.  Your input helps your colleagues with data they can take to their administrators, on topics from average salaries to technology directions to typical facility names to reporting lines, and more.
4.  We need you!!!
5.  Monika Dressler and her colleagues at the University of Michigan will feel badly if you don't take advantage of all their hard work!

Everyone gets to fill out the short survey (takes less than 10 minutes to complete).  You Directors get to do a longer one as well, but you can complete it in multiple sessions if you wish (i.e., you can save where you're at and return later.)

Besides completing the survey yourselves, please spread the word to your co-workers and/or colleagues at other institutions.  We want everyone in the profession, not just IALL members, to help us with this picture of who we are.

Although you have until April 30 to finish the survey, why not just go do it now?!!  Go to http://iall.net and click the survey icon on the opening screen.  Or go to directly to the survey at: http://web.lrc.lsa.umich.edu/iall/

Thank you!!!

Read Gilgen
Director
L&S Learning Support Services