LLTI Archives

April 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:35:57 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Carly Born" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:59:04 -0700
>Subject: Re: #6058 Subtitling
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Carly Born" <[log in to unmask]>

>A professor here is interested in having students subtitle movies. I am
>inquiring whether anyone has used the program 'substation Alpha' with
>the PC and if so how well did it work etc.. ? Information can be found
>at the website below.
>
>substation Alpha
>
>http://www.eswat.demon.co.uk/
>
>If you know of/ used any other programs specifically for subtitling with
>PCs or Macs, I would like to hear and find out more about them. I
realize that there are programs like Adobe Premiere that would work but
I believe they would require alot of time to learn.

I believe that iMovie 2 has a feature called subtitle under their
"Titles" menu.  I've seen our ESL students use this when making their own
movies about gestures and it seemed to work well.  And iMovie is very
easy to learn.

Carly J. Born
Manager - Max Kade Center
MATFL-Japanese Candidate (May 2001)
Monterey Institute of International Studies