LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:13:58 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:13:13 -0500
>From: "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6012 Placement Exams

------------------
We have also been using the Wisconsin Exams for French, German and Spanish.  About 2 years ago we requested permission from Wisconsin to digitize their exam so that we could put it on-line.  Now we pay them $1 for each student that takes the test on-line during our summer pre-registration.  We are allowed to share our digitized version with other schools if they first make a similar financial agreement with Wisconsin.  Please contact me off-list if you would like additonal information.  Mary M-L

Mary Morrisard-Larkin
Director, Self-Paced Language Program
College of the Holy Cross
One College St., Box 118A
Worcester, MA 01610

Office:  Stein 320
508-793-3796
508-793-3708
http://sterling.holycross.edu/departments/splp/website/index.html

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/19/01 02:40PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Carol Copenhagen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:43:55 -0800
>From: Carol Copenhagen <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Placement Exams

Dear friends - We are considering changing our placement exam and are
looking for suggestions.  We currently use the CAPE test and would like
to find something that might also test listening, writing and speaking
skills.  One of the options we are considering are the on-line placement
tests followed by an on-campus interview during orientation - does
anyone have any feedback about these tests?
Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions,

Carol Copenhagen

Language Coordinator
St. Mary's College
Moraga, Ca.  94575