LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:40:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
Chris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience (especially positive experience) with
> Apple's Mac Manager server package?  Any information would be useful.
> My school has adopted it and is having a myriad of problems.  I'm not
> directly involved (yet?) but I want to informally educate myself as best
> I can on the product.  Where better to do that than here, right?
>
> Specifically, does anyone know for certain that Mac Manager will/will
> not support client machines running Windows?

Chris,

MM does not support Windows clients.

I've used Mac Manger (and its predecessor, At Ease for Workgroups) for
five years. It's difficult to configure correctly, but once you do, it
does quite an amazing job managing a network of users in a secure
environment. There are Mac Manager setup materials available from John
Detroye, who is Apple's man in charge of MM implementation. If you don't
have these documents, let me know and I'll send them to you as an
attachment off list.

Subscribe to the Mac Manager list to submit questions
        http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/macintosh-manager

-John
John de Szendeffy       <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph 617.353.7957  fx 617.353.6195
Lab:            http://www.bu.edu/celop/mll
WebFeat:        http://www.bu.edu/johndesz/