LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:10:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "John H. Stewart" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:19:16 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "John H. Stewart" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5999 Hebrew fonts for web

------------------
Hi Jose and all;
One of our Hebrew profs also complained about NeText for similar reasons.  We then switched to Ariela ISO, and she was satisfied.  There are many sites with this font, but a quick search revealed this one:  http://telem1.openu.ac.il/util/heb/

Hope this helps;
John

>--- Forwarded Message from "Jose C. Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:28:57 -0500
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>From: "Jose C. Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Hebrew fonts for web
>
>We are currently using NeText and NeText mono fonts for displaying
>Hebrew on web pages, on Macintoshes. But due to the simplicity of
>this sans serif font, some subtleties of certain visually similar
>Hebrew characters do not display well (in browsers: Netscape, iCAB,
>and IE5 on the Mac). Can anyone recommend a freeware or commercial
>Hebrew font for proper display of Hebrew on the web, on Macs?
>--
>--------------------------
>Jose C. Rodriguez,
>Language Educational Analyst