LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:13:08 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Pavel Samsonov" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Pavel Samsonov" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Decline in Russian Studies
>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:59:25 -0600

------------------
Dear listmembers!

About 8 months ago we had a very interesting dispute about the decline in
Russian studies in the USA (and maybe in the world at large) on the SEEALANG
listserv. I hope this issue is interesting for you too.

I have created an on-line survey connected to a database to research the
issue. All the issues raised in the dispute have been included in the
survey. The survey is easy to fill out: just click on the radio buttons (if
you don't have additional comments).

The results of the survey will be reported to you all through the listserv.

 I believe we will get interesting results on the geography, reasons and
forecasts of the decline. Please, visit and fill out the survey at
http://Readintosh.tamu.edu:591/662Demo/PSamsonov/RussianStart.HTM

Thanks a lot in advance!

Pavel Samsonov
Texas A&M University